Recycling for Our Future
The Eco Center provides people with disabilities job opportunities in a learning environment. The Eco Center manages recycling for the City of Cheyenne. MCE consumers assist with the separation of these recyclables.
What can I recycle?
- The Eco Center accepts all Office paper, Computer, White and Coated papers.
- Newsprint and standard advertising received with newspapers.
- All Corrugated Cardboard is accepted. Please break down boxes.
- Clean aluminum cans and aluminum foil. Sheet aluminum (clean and paint), extruded and cast, aluminum wheels.
Drop off locations for recyclables
- K-Mart - 1840 Dell Range Blvd
- Lowe’s - 1608 Prairie Ave
- Ashley’s Furniture - 3151 Nationway
- Albertson's North - 5800 Yellowstone
- Albertson's East - 3355 East Pershing Blvd
- Eco Center - 2800 Missile Drive (8-3 only)
Please drop in the appropriate bin.
What happens to the material I drop off?
Most paper is recycled back into paper products like cardboard or cereal boxes. Newspapers can be treated with fire retardants and used as insulation in houses. Bricks can be made from newspaper and used in building.
Aluminum cans are turned back into aluminum cans, foil or siding.
Call the Eco Center at (307) 638-0278
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
1780 Westland Road
Cheyenne, WY 82001
The majority of the City of Cheyenne's recycling makes it way to our recycling facility. MCE has been a leader in recycling in the city.