with developmental disabilities
1780 Westland Road
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Phone: (307) 637-8869
Fax: (307) 638-0467
Magic City Enterprises, Inc. and Cheyenne Professional Rehabilitation Services'
“Create opportunities for people with disabilities to achieve individual success”.
primary mission is to:
Our Code of Ethics
MAGIC CITY ENTERPRISES
CODE OF ETHICS FOR ALL STAFF MEMBERS
As MCE staff I agree to know and adhere to the mission and values of Magic City Enterprises. I will be accountable for my actions, provide real choice to our participants and show compassion for our participants and all with whom I work. I will strive to provide superior services.
I also agree to adhere to the following:
- Focus first on the participant and understand that my role will require flexibility, creativity and commitment.
- Honor the personality, choices, preferences, culture and gifts of the participants I support.
- Protect the health, safety and emotional well being of participants by assisting them in preventing illness and avoiding unsafe activities. I will work with the individual and their team to identify areas of risk and create safeguards specific to these concerns.
- Always promote the human rights of all participants and recognize and report those who may victimize, exploit, abuse, neglect or harm participants.
- Protect the privacy and confidentiality of the participants I support at all times during and following my employment with Magic City Enterprises.
- Help the participants I support to understand and express their rights and responsibilities.
- Assist participants in speaking for themselves and represent those who cannot speak for themselves by advocating for their preferences and best interests.
- Respect and recognize cultural context (e.g. religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, socio-economic class, etc.) of the participants supported by me while separating my own personal beliefs and expectations which may influence participants and their personal preferences. If I am unable to separate my own beliefs/preferences in a given situation, I will actively remove myself from the situation.
- Recognize the importance of relationships and proactively facilitate relationships between the participants I support, their family and friends while providing opportunities and supports that help them to be viewed with respect and as integral members of the communi
- Refrain from expressing negative views, harsh judgments, and stereotyping of people who are close to the participants I support.
- Work in partnership with the participant’s team to support him/her in living a self-directed life while understanding the guardianship of the person I support and work in partnership with legal representatives to assure that the individual’s preferences and interests are honored.
- Develop relationships that are respectful, based on mutual trust, and that maintain professional boundaries.
- Respect and acknowledge other members of the participant’s team and follow written plans developed by and for the participant.
- Never solicit participants who are currently receiving services from another provider.
- Maintain competency in my profession through learning and ongoing communication with others.
- Practice responsible work habits and assume responsibility and accountability for my decisions and actions.
- Recognize the value and importance of modeling positive behaviors to co-workers, participants and the community at large.
- Actively seek advice and guidance on ethical issues from others as needed when making decisions.
- Always represent Magic City Enterprises and our participants in a positive, supportive, respectful manner.